COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates as of December 14, 2020
Wow, what a great summer we had! Mistaya Lodge opened for a short season summer 2020. It was so wonderful to see our returning guests, meet new guests and show everyone the spectacular wild flower display. Thank you for all guests and staff of summer 2020 for being kind, patient and following all travel manners. We look forward to winter!
The health and safety of our staff, guests and local community is our main concern. We all need to do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Mistaya Lodge will be following guidelines set out by BC’s Restart Plan. We have updated all aspects of our operation using current COVID-19 information, tools from health experts and government authorities, and Best Practices developed by the Backcountry Lodges of BC Association.
Winter and Summer 2021 reservations are now open!
Mistaya has reduce lodge capacity to 10 guests this winter. After a successful trial run this summer this reduced capacity gives everyone a little bit more room to distance.
The “New Normal” of lodge life.
Things will be a little different in and around the lodge this winter as to how we can safely host you. Out skiing should remain the same, including lunch over looking the Rocky Mountains.
-Masks will be mandatory when physical distancing can not be maintained
-Meals will be plated
-Lunches will be made for guests.
-The lodge will operate at a lower guest occupancy.
-Guests will be encouraged to respect physical distancing at all times.
-Sauna will be closed but the shower stalls open for use.
-Singles will have private rooms (additional costs apply, limited availability)
-Private double or family rooms for couples, families, or others in your social bubble
-Physically distanced dining and lounging with those outside of your social bubble
Mistaya Lodge staff will be increasing the frequency of all cleaning,
-Frequently touched surfaces: handrails, doors, washrooms, sinks, light switches
-Dining areas, lounge area and hallways
-Outhouses and Shower building
-Guests rooms will only be cleaned at the end of current guests’ stay and before new guests’ arrival.
-Cleaning supplies will be provided for guests to clean their own private areas.
-Guests will be required to bring and wear an appropriate 100% cotton or disposable mask in the helicopter until after they unload the helicopter then ensuring they maintain a 2m space from staff and other guests.
-Check in at Alpine Helicopters will be handled with new procedures.
-Guests will not be permitted to travel in the helicopter if they are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms.
-Please stay home if you have a cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19 less than 14 days prior to your trip.
-You will be asked to complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool prior to your trip and each day of your vacation.
We will need help from all our guests
-Please respect physical distancing with all other guests and staff.
-Please be diligent with hand washing, personal hygiene, wear a mask and avoid touching your face.
-Let our lodge staff know if you are feeling sick. We will have a room and outhouse designated for individuals who begin showing Covid-19 symptoms so we can isolate them from others. NO judgments anyone can get sick, we just want to keep everyone as healthy as possible!
Hiking and skiing with us
Once we are outside, physical distancing comes naturally along the trail.
All guests on a backcountry holiday with Mistaya Lodge are required to sign a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Assumption of Risk Agreement. This document must be signed by you and witnessed by one of our employees prior to leaving the staging location. By signing this document, you waive certain legal rights including the right to sue should you become involved in an accident. Please read and understand the waiver before you arrive, if you have any questions about the waiver please contact your lawyer or our office before the start of your vacation. Please do not print this waiver – there will be a copy for each guest to sign at the hangar. Mistaya Waivers
Terms of Service – updated with new Covid details
- All payments are non refundable
- To confirm your reservation a 25% non refundable deposit must be made. Final payments are due before May 1 before departure date (summer reservations) November 1 before departure date (winter reservation)
- If you must cancel your vacation and you or Mistaya are able to find a replacement, we are able to change the name on a reservation with a $100 admin fee. This is subject to Mistaya approving new guest(s) and their details.
- Your vacation plans involve helicopters and a stay in a remote area. Mistaya will not be responsible for delays due to bad weather, snow conditions, wildfires, guest travel delays or government restrictions. Any additional or unscheduled helicopter flights needed by guests will be at their own expense. We highly encourage you to purchase Trip interruption, medical and evacuation insurance Uniglobe Travel Link
- Mistaya Lodge Ltd. reserves the right to cancel any or part of a tour. If we do, all payments will be refunded in full. Trip delays or cancellations due to events uncontrollable by Mistaya Lodge (Weather, Wildfires, Outbreaks, extra) our terms of service will hold. Payment in part or in full is taken as agreement of the above terms.
- IF you develop cold, flu, or COVID symptoms prior to your trip we want you to stay home. In this specific circumstance Mistaya Lodge will refund you 50% of the trip cost. This also applies to guests arriving at the helicopter hangar with symptoms or answering yes to any of the questions on the covid declaration. You will not be accepted to travel to Mistaya.
- All guests on a backcountry holiday with Mistaya Lodge are required to sign a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Assumption of Risk Agreement. Mistaya Waivers
Be Kind, Calm and Safe,
David and Cindy